Sunday 14 April 2013

I have stopped counting days....

Okay, so this week sorta kicked my butt in the energy department.  I added two days of solo gym time, which brings me up to 5 days a week - the two extra days are specifically cardio and core oriented and they leave me slightly more exhausted than I was expecting.  I also spent all afternoon Thursday in the pool with my kids which was awesome but, tiring.   Long story short Thursday I was asleep by 9:30pm which was why I did not post anything.   Friday was grocery shopping night so, by the time I got home, got everything put away and fed myself it was close to 9pm, I will be honest....I didn't feel like writing Friday and went to bed at 9:30pm because I was still tired from my week of activity.  

I am having Whole30 self-doubt.  I have never had any sort of neurosis when it comes to food. I find that Whole30 makes me kind of nuts.  I start to rebel at it.  I do random things like use store bought salad dressing that has canola oil in it (gasp!), I have a bowl of organic flax cereal, or I eat air-popped popcorn.  Now, admittedly I know that in the grand scheme of things indulging in a bowl of cereal once a week is not going to kill me but, because of the very nature of "Whole30" all of those things are off limits.  I do not like being told what to do, EVER.  Each time I attempt a Whole30 I tend to get frustrated and then not only do I blow it, I go on some chemically enhanced, wheat-based bender that leaves me feeling worse than before I started...not only from the actual physical effect of the foods but the inevitable feelings of failure that come along with not being able to "tough it out".  I am now in the place where I am considering passing on the Whole30 and just continuing with boring old Paleo.  I don't know.  I will think it over. My menu for the next two weeks is Whole30 compliant so...we will see.

Today, Sunday, is food prep day.  The husband is merrily seasoning meat downstairs while I hide up here and write.  My turn will start this afternoon when I start cooking up veggies to get us through the week.  We have a few fun things on tap, there will be roasted red pepper soup, some spiced pork patties,  cayenne and lime pork chops, shrimp scampi, paprika chicken....the list goes on, and I haven't even mentioned the veggies yet!  Don't worry, I will post pictures of these delicious masterpieces of nutrition as I eat them.  I will also link to the recipes or provide them if they are my own.

Now, back to the gym.  I was supposed to go in yesterday and today.  I didn't.  Today is not over so I still may make it in but, I don't know.  I was pretty freakin' tired yesterday, and I believe a well timed day of rest can do just as much good as a sweat session on the treadmill, bike, rowing machine etc.  The more I think of it, I probably will end up at the gym today but, I just don't want to be in a "6 days in a row" coma this time next week - call me crazy but exhaustion and kids does not mix.

Any how, that pretty much sums up my ramblings for the day.  I will get back to daily posts this week, I promise.   Right now I have to figure out just what my kids are tossing around downstairs because there is far too much delighted laughter for my comfort....my "mommy sense" is tingling.


No comments:

Post a Comment